What is Faith and Praxis?
FAITH & PRAXIS: Sharing in God's Dream
FAITH AND PRAXIS IS AN EVOLVING INTERCULTURAL AND INTERNATIONAL FAITH-BASED ORGANISATION OF RELIGIOUS AND LAY PERSONS FACILITATING TRANSFORMATIVE PROCESSES.
• We believe in the divine presence in the evolutionary cosmic dance of creation and destruction.
• We believe in the transformative power of Jesus' incarnation.
• We believe in the prophetic impulse of the Spirit lived by Jesus
• We believe in the integration of faith and lived human experience.
• We believe that all experiences carry meaningful information.
• We believe that in every difficulty there is a potential for growth.
• We believe in the power of vulnerability as a journey towards wholeness.
• We believe in the sharing of resources and radical inclusiveness.
• We believe that organisations are healthy living systems when communication is open and free.
• We believe that each person and group possesses the necessary resources to become what God desires for them.
• We believe in the power of imagination and of its potential in serving LIFE.
• We believe that conflict is a guide towards a greater understanding of unmet needs.
• We believe in the power of silence and deep listening.
• We work to the highest professional standards to serve the mission and purpose of each of the organizations and groups
• We take our ongoing professional development as an essential part of our work
• We engage with the hopes, joys and struggles of our unfolding story.
• We network with and between different charisms being a source of inter-connectedness.
• We walk as a pilgrim Synodal People of God as an alternative to a polarised world and Church.
• We are co-creators in God's dream for our world.
• We identify, engage and befriend blind spots and shadows as a crucial part of the transformative journey of individuals and organisations.
• We are wounded healers as we walk with brokenness.
FAITH AND PRAXIS IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION UNDER THE LEGAL UMBRELLA OF THE MARIST BROTHERS